Plymouth Spotlight | Ismael
1. Tell us some things about yourself! What are your hobbies, special talents, favorite musicians/movie/TV show?
I work, go to school and night school. I also volunteer locally and outside of town. I am a sex health advocate. I love being myself. I draw, sing, dance, write poetry, and rap but my biggest hobby is making people's day and helping them feel accepted.
2. Why did you come to Plymouth Crossroads?
I came to Plymouth because of a parent passing away and living with the other parent was not a healthy option for me.
3. How long have you been at Plymouth Crossroads?
I have been at Plymouth about 10 months.
4. What has Plymouth helped you do/accomplish?
Plymouth has helped me get my non-driver's license and birth certificate and also to set up my own life insurance.
5. Are you glad you came to Plymouth Crossroads?
Yes and no. Yes because I can grow up independently but no because of the circumstances that caused me to be here.
6. What would you tell someone considering becoming a resident?
Life is about what you make it, don't make the same mistakes you see being made around you. Mistakes are supposed to be learned from, not repeated.
7. What are your goals for the future?
First, is to be better than my parents and all of the influences in my life. Secondly, I want to make a name for myself. Third, I want to be the best I can be at everything that I do. And lastly, I want to remember to live my life like it everyday could be my last.
Hidden Homeless | A Portrait of Youth Homelessness in Buffalo, New York
“New home, new start.”
Dakota, age 16
Take another look around!
Quotes from the boys
“Plymouth Crossroads, a place to come to, a new home, across from one road to a better one.”
Brian B, age 18
“It’s just the place you wanna be.”
Frank, age 20
“Never a dull moment.”
Ray, age 19